Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2015 - update of sorts

I'm finishing the last work day before spring break. We only have three days off this time around, due to construction, but at least it's a few days of freedom. I've decided I'm leaving everything at school because if I bring grades home, they'll just sit in my bag!

Charlie is getting closer and closer to walking. He likes to do a trust fall where he climbs the couch, turns, and falls. He does this because I'm usually there to catch him. However, if I'm not, he just falls anyway. It's hilarious! I am so thankful he's not afraid to fall. So far, we haven't had any issues with his night-time routine and sleep patterns changing, due to standing, so I'm hoping that continues.

We are trying to give him more finger foods, but I'm so nervous about him choking. I saw my brother choke badly one time, and for a few years, if anyone even made a slight cough at dinner, I thought they were choking. I was on edge for a long time. I feel like I'm back to that now! I'm trying to not be that way, but it just comes naturally for me, unfortunately. He's doing just fine, but I keep thinking the worst will happen, right before my eyes. Parenting is so nerve-wrecking sometimes! -- even when it shouldn't be. :)

For spring break, J and I had planned on taking C to the beach for the first time, since it would be nice and cool, but now we're rethinking this idea due to costs and travel time. If we go, it would have to be for one quick day, but Charlie would be stuck in the car for hours. The longest he's been in a car is 1.5 hours, so this would be huge for him. We have been so steady with his night-time routine and we try to get him to nap twice per day, so this trip would really get in the way of that. I guess he could sleep in the car, but he usually seems to interested in what he sees that he may not. He hasn't napped in the car for months. We would go to the beach for ONE night, but unfortunately, the beach we want to go to only allows three-night stays, which would be super expensive. It's just not in our budget.

Since we probably won't go to the beach, we will likely spend our days resting and going out on mini dates and hanging out at the local lake. It should be nice.

Until next time...

xo

p.s.

some things Charlie likes to do:
-rub his forehead on mine and go back and forth
-cuddle in our shoulders and wiggle his butt, all while tucking his arm in my chest if he can
-play a peek-a-boo game where I look away...then look back at him; it's so simply, but he thinks it's hilarious
-say "kitty cat," or some form of it, when he chases the cats
-talk to himself when he wakes up while sitting in his crib, happily
-walk along the couch very quickly
-play with socks
-chew on everything
-spread food everywhere

some things Charlie doesn't like to do:
-sit down during bath time
-sit in his high chair
-sit for long periods of time without entertainment
-be held facing the opposite direction of OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...