This is our bed time routine with Charlie: bath (depending on the night), pajamas, books, bottle, rocking together/cuddling, and bed.
Now that he's getting older, he's starting to cuddle and reach for me or Justin when he wants us. It is so, so sweet. I know it will annoy me one day, but I'm loving it for now.
At night, he has started this new thing where he turns over on our chest once the lights are out and he's had his bottle. He rolls around on whoever is with him that night, flipping his head back and forth to find the perfect location. Sometimes he'll do this for minutes at a time.
When he finally stops, he lands with his ear to my heart. This has happened many times now, and it's so precious. I know it's a nice pillow for him there, too, but I just know he's listening to my heart. Sometimes when I can't sleep, I lay my head on J's chest and listen to his heart. It's one of the most soothing sounds, and it puts me right to sleep, or at least calms me enough to sleep.
I know it's more time for us to have to spend with him before bed, but I hope he wants to listen to my heart for many more nights ahead. One day I'll be wishing for these days again.
No comments:
Post a Comment