I look back on my posts from the past five or six years, and I have many with the word "Friday" in them. I am either hoping for Friday or glad it's Friday. I'm predictably writing again today, Friday, because I am just so glad it's the weekend.
It hasn't been the best week. Nothing bad has really happened, but the stress is building. My two college courses for recertification opened up this week, and I'll admit that's where my stress is coming from. On top of that, I'm teaching three preps--just like my first couple of years of teaching. I have a 9th grade inclusion first block, a 10th grade inclusion second block, and a 9th honors third block. My brain is jumping around all day, and it's exhausting.
Having classes and more preps wouldn't be an issue, but having little Charlie around makes things a little harder to get done. I haven't even had time to check into my classes this week, except at school.
When I come home, I hang with Charlie until J gets home, we all have dinner at five, and then we play with him until our bed time routine, which starts around 6:15. After that, I do a workout, which is usually an hour, and then I'm exhausted and go to sleep, only to get up again the next morning at 5:20.
Along with the stresses, there are ten times as many beautiful things about my life right now. Charlie makes everything exceptionally wonderful, and he reminds me what life is all about.
I'm just finally starting to feel the stresses of being a full-time working mom, a part-time student, and a mom.
Wish me luck! I have a few other posts going, but I'll post them when I'm done.
I hope everyone is doing well. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment