Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Mommy centers his world."

Last night I had parent-teacher conferences. I left Charlie with extra cuddle time in the morning, knowing I wouldn't see him that night to put him to bed. When I called Justin to see how everything went, Charlie was soundly sleeping. Justin said he was pretty fussy, crying during his meal and unhappy with anything except constant entertainment. When I asked him if something was wrong with Charlie--maybe a stomach ache--he responded with this:

"No, he's fine. But mommy wasn't there for him. Mommy centers his world."

It was so sweet to hear those words. When I'm gone, I know that Justin can handle the "duties." Justin puts Charlie to bed every night, and I love that. However, part of me knows that Charlie is forming a strong bond with Justin, just like he has with me, since Justin gets him up and puts him to bed most days. Every now and then it's nice to hear that I'm still Charlie's center. This is especially sweet hearing it from the other person who wants to be his center just as much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...