Monday, November 24, 2014

"it's just grand, dear"



When I wrote 11/25/13 next to my grandmother's picture tonight, it really hit me. That is her day, and it has one been one year. I miss her so, so much.

I hear her voice all the time.

"It's grand, dear."

"The weather is just beautiful, dear."

"Oh, honey."

"Well, you tell them your grandma said..."

"Give all my love to Justin and the animals."

"We're doing just fine, dear."

"Oh, yah."

"Oh, you poor doll."

"Oh, gahl."

She will never be gone in my mind or heart. I will continue to learn from her. I have learned more about life since she's been gone, contemplating what I could have done differently, but also what I did do and have done that she would be proud of.

I love you, grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...