Sunday, October 5, 2014
5 months old!
Charlie is going to be five months old in three days. Where has the time gone?? He is ever changing. He rolls around a little more, holds his bottle, relaxes for longer periods of time, smiles a lot, holds our hands with meaning, and so much more.
Our newest accomplishment has been eating food-- bananas for the first time! We tried giving him some about a month ago, but he just didn't have any interest, and he kept naturally spitting it out. This time around, I couldn't keep his little fingers out of the bowl. He LOVED it! It was so fun to watch, and we even recorded it.
He is now in size 3 diapers, so we're starting to stock up on that. Shopping trips are few and far between, but I feel good about spending money on things that actually matter--such as raising a child.
There are just so many things that we see every day that are different than the day before. It's incredible. I'm so, so glad it's only been five months with him. I CAN wait to see what happens next; I want him to be little forever. However, I am excited to see all of the different stages. Life is a wild, beautiful gift. Charlie has taught me that over and over again.
As far as this weekend goes: J and I went out yesterday while mom watched Charlie, so that was very nice. We went shopping for new shoes for J and some new pants (what he owned now had holes). He found a sexy pair of black dress shoes, and two pairs of pants. We came home, and I went to help with the school dance. That wasn't so bad, and it's always fun to see the kids.
Each day has more meaning now that we have Charlie. I don't dread Sundays anymore; I don't mind the upcoming work week--maybe because I'm excited for each new day with Charlie, and each obstacle ahead is just another goal to get through. Unfortunately, work is going to get harder in the coming weeks, but it'll be alright.
Have a great week. xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment