Tuesday, March 11, 2014

was that a hand? a foot?

9 weeks left
[written week of March 24]

It was one of the most beautiful, surreal moments. I was lying in bed this morning, waiting for Charlie to stop moving, simply because I couldn't seem to stop watching and waiting for more. He was moving a lot, so he must have really liked the way I was positioned.

It's not often that I can easily see him moving and turning and kicking right under my skin. It's kind of creepy, actually. But every now and then, the reality of it hits me.

This morning, I would put my hand on the right side of my stomach, lift up, and he would push back in the same spot. I did this over and over, and he was persistent in kicking back.

One time, though, we touched. As lame as that sounds, it was the opposite. I reached down to the ride side of my stomach, pushed in, and he immediately pushed back. We pushed on each other for a few seconds, then we separated. It was the most surreal, incredible thing I've almost ever experienced. It was such a small moment, but my eyes involuntarily welled up with tears.

One of the first thoughts I had later while looking in the mirror, getting ready for school, was that I wanted to tell my grandma. I know she can see everything and hear everything going on, but I just wish I could talk to her. I really, really wish I could call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...