Here are the complaints so far:
- pain under chest, a little pressure, burning, stretching, aching
- pain in upper back, behind chest pain
- some trouble falling asleep at night because of above pains
- the belly is really starting to stick out. I swear I could feel it stretching today. It's starting to get in the way! I forget it's there.
- lots of sadness during the pregnancy at work and in personal life, though things seem to finally be looking up
Here are some positive things to note:
- 16 lb weight gain so far (not bad at all!)
- plenty of pillows to help me fall asleep
- warm baths
- baby is moving a lot
- my shoes still fit
- no heavy swelling anywhere..hardly any at all
- still able to work two jobs
There are moments when I start to panic, like when I think about our budget for the next few years. Will it work out alright? Can I handle working and being a mom? How will we afford diapers? What if I can't breastfeed?
Then there are other moments that make me realize everything is going to be alright. My husband's amazing hugs make me feel safe. The baby moving makes me feel real and alive and life-giving. When I touch my stomach and he pushes back in that exact spot, it blows me away. When we find joy and happiness in the simplest of things, like playing a board game, or cuddling with the pets. This is hard to do for some people, but we are easily happy.
It's been an incredible little journey so far. I can't believe it's almost over.
We are still in limbo with the middle name.
Off to watch the olympics! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment