Sunday, September 8, 2013

We've had a great weekend so far.

J and I went to yard sales yesterday, coffee and breakfast included, which was tons of fun, then we visited family for dinner in the evening. We got to see most of J's family, play on "the farm," and eat some really good food!

On Friday night, we saw the NASA rocket burn itself up into the sky. It was launched at 11:28 p.m., and we got there just in time. I was exhausted, so I slept from 10:30-11:15 p.m., then we quickly jumped in the car, drove to a back road, parked in some tall grass, and waited. We had a perfectly flat, open view of the field facing east. It was awesome...a perfectly clear night. It was pretty incredible to see. The rocket was much larger than a shooting star. We could see where the flames were coming off the bottom, and we even saw the different stages. It was definitely a memorable few seconds/minutes.

Fall is always a fun time, and spring and summer always make me forget. I do appreciate the cooler weather, though, after having had hot, mosquito-filled days for a while now. I'm ready to open the windows and have fires in the fire pit again. Here are some things coming up this fall:

1. Yard sale.
2. Big family reunion
3. My first day at my second part-time job.
5. Football game -- yes, we get to go to one!!
5. Halloween! :)

...among other things!

It's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...