Wednesday, October 16, 2013

update

Life is busier and busier...and that's not something to boast about. It seems like one minute we slow down, the next something flies in to confuse the calmness.

The great news is that J and I got to go back to our university for a visit, which was amazing. We had the best time. It was so worth the 2.5 year wait since graduating. We had great seats the a football game, walked around campus filling our hearts with nostalgia, ate at our favorite food joint, shopped a little, and walked to our engagement location. It was so, so fun, and I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity. My aunt and uncle are amazing, and they happened to have two tickets they weren't going to use.

That was two weeks ago. Since then, things have gotten a little crazy. I started my second job a few weeks ago, which means I'm working almost every day of the week now (my bad idea, yes). We had parent-teacher conferences this week, so we had two twelve hour work days to start our week. Lastly, I helped with homecoming this past weekend, and we later found out that one of our students had died on the way. I didn't know this student, but it has been a somber week, let me tell you. I then helped with testing today, which meant I lost my planning. Needless to say, it's been exhausting!

In other news, my grandma in NY is in the hospital, and there's nothing I can do to help. I'm over twelve hours away, and all I can do is think about her and hope for the best. She's in ICU for pulmonary fibrosis, which they just diagnosed. This is one of the main reasons I don't want to move far from my mom. Knowing that my grandma, one of my favorite people in the world, is sick, and I can't even check on her is heart wrenching. It's not like I can just go see her for a day. So, with her in the back of my mind, it's been tough. She'll be in the hospital for another week at least, but I hope and pray she'll be better soon after that.

Other good, amazing, beautiful things are happening in my life, so there's not much to complain about. Sometimes, though, it's the toughest times that make me want to write--as well as the most beautiful. I also tend to write on this blog at the worst times these days, when I only have a few minutes to spare.

This is just an update that I can read later in my life when I regret not writing in a journal like I used to.

I hope all of you are finding yourselves well and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...