Sunday, January 6, 2013

Does anyone else want the stomach bug?

Yes, the sickness J had last week finally got me. On Friday, I woke up feeling really strange--dizzy, with a headache. Then, I had to cut my shower short because of nausea that took over. I got sick and realized I'd have to stay home from work. I continued to get sick, but I had to send in very short-notice plans for the sub, and I had to ask for a sub. I still don't know if one was found, but there was just no way I could go to work that day. It takes more work for teachers to take off than going in!

I've always wondered (and feared) the day that would happen to me...where I would catch the stomach bug on a school day. Thank goodness it wasn't AT school!

The past three days have felt rather bland. I've been sick the entire time, and all I could do was sleep and eat very small "meals" (yogurt, bread). I'm not one for naps, but I took a five hour nap yesterday afternoon. I also slept all day on Friday, and I was still able to get to sleep that night.

I guess I feel like writing because I'm trying to not get overwhelmed with what lies ahead. I have tons of grading, planning, cramming to do, among so many other things (meetings, SOLs, finals, new semester, etc). It feels like the next two weeks are just going to be a big blurry hectic mess, but I know that's not true. I take each day at a time, and it will be fine.

Off to read Julius Caesar. I just finished reading what I need to for Romeo and Juliet, and then I plan to grade until I have to go to bed.

Downton Abbey starts tonight at 9, but it'll go for two hours, and I NEVER stay up that late on a Sunday night lol. Is it worth it?

Have a happy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...