Saturday, January 19, 2013

I made it!

Not only have I managed to stay healthy for at least a week, but I have also successfully completed first semester! I will really miss the students. I had a great group this year, and it really made teaching fun. I got a hug from one girl, and that meant a lot to me. I also got a letter at the end of a student's exam that was there only to thank me and tell me he only hopes to have more classes like mine. I couldn't stop smiling! I finally got to the letter after a full day of grading papers; his was the second to last one I had to read. It was so worth it.

In other news, life is really going to pick up soon. Last year was so fast-paced, and this fall has been much slower so far, which has been really nice. However, spring is going to change things quite a bit. J is going to be a track coach this year (I told him he's not allowed to do ANYTHING that could break a bone). He'll be gone every evening until practice ends, and he will be gone many nights and weekends for track meets. I plan to go with him sometimes, but it's definitely going to be a semester of alone time and time with friends and family--for me. I plan to head to mom's some evenings to get work done for school and have coffee, and I also hope to see my little family members and friends more often.

We're having friends over for fajitas tonight, so our Saturday morning has been spent cleaning, enjoying the sun, day-dreaming about the future, and eating toad-in-the-holes (made my J). Cleaning is actually fun sometimes; it makes the feel of the house so nice, and I really do appreciate everything more when I see them up close. We are really blessed with what we have, and I'm really grateful. I'm really in love with our house.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...