Monday, December 31, 2012
Another New Year!
It seems as though the blogging world has slowed down for many of us, and it's probably because we're experiencing more with each day, and we just don't have time to blog enough about it! I've definitely been devoting even more time to my job and less time to "fun" things like this, which is not necessarily a good thing, but it's making me a better teacher. Once I get the hang of it, I'll be able to relax again.
Speaking of relaxation...that's what I've been trying to do over this Christmas break. I will tell you that I've been successful about three to four days of the week and a half, but that's better than nothing! I started out the break with a nasty cold, right after fighting my TMJ for four days straight. After that, we enjoyed Christmas, and after Christmas J came down with some sort of stomach flu. It's been quite a sickly month!
With that said, the break has been very nice. I've spent much time with the family--both families--and we had a wonderful Christmas meal with each. We also have had time to shop, which hasn't been done in ages, and we didn't have to use our money for most of it! We got some needed clothes and a new bench for our mudroom. J and I have also been so happy to have this house...home...to call our own this holiday. Jan 12th marks the day we closed on it, and we have appreciated it so much over this past year. During this break, we've been able to make our bedroom even nicer, decorate for Christmas, and plan for projects in the future.
I always do a list of things that have happened in the year, and a list of things I plan to do in the future.
First, let's think of year 2012 and its many happenings. There have been many events, good and sad, but I'd like to mostly keep it personal to my life, even though that will be difficult. I will be looking back at my post from last year to update some things, too:
1. Hello, niece #2! You look just like your sister, and I love you just as much.
2. 5/22/12 Rest in Peace, Grandpa. You'll always be my inventor.
3. Rest in Peace, Bud. You were my birthday cat years ago, and you died within a week of my twenty-fifth birthday.
4. Moved into our home. What a blessing.
5. "maybe get a kitten?" from last year's post turned into Henry. Welcome, Henry. You're our little man, you're a menace, and we love you. (see below picture)
6. Jobs. J switched jobs to a school he is much happier in. I kept my job, and this year has been great so far.
7. Photography picked up. I'm new at everything, but it's actually happening. I need to learn so much more, which I hardly have time for, but I've really enjoyed everything so far. It's a ton of work. Oh, and I made a little website--finally.
8. "pay of some debt" from last year has been a success this year!
9. I finally got to see The Big Apple! This is huge for me.
10. Dad found a new job (laid off last year)! This is another huge blessing.
11. In 2012, I visited Savannah, GA and Raleigh, NC, Lake Placid, as well two other parts of NY, and lastly, I went to the beach. I'd say we accomplished our goal of taking some trips--albeit small ones--but that's okay!
12. Healthier living? For a while...I did take on running and eating healthier this past Spring and then again the Fall. To be honest, and I'm not trying to excuse my habits, but traveling really messes me all up.
13. According to last year, I wanted to buy a few lenses. This is just unrealistic with the income we have. I did, however, buy one lens, and I love it. It was well worth it.
14. The bro traveled all over Europe, and now he's a successful scholar once again. What a great experience.
Now, let's look ahead to 2013 and my goals:
1. Run a race. I am signing up for a 6-miler in March.
2. Keep my closet clean. Seriously.
3. Keep my positive energy for 2013. This year has been filled with positivity, especially at work, and I'd like to continue that.
4. Read for fun more. I'm in the middle of The Great Gatsby again, but I'd like to read far more. I own many, but I haven't found time for them. Less internet and more reading?
5. Learn and build my photography hobby. I'd like to learn how to shoot in raw, manual, and more about editing. I'd also like one more lens...
6. Eat more fresh food. I find I have the easiest time with this during the summer. Everything is fresh, it's hot outside, and I don't feel like eating much. I need to work on this throughout the year. Maybe it's just the places I'm shopping!
7. Organize the garage and decide how we're going to rake all of the leaves in a timely way next year (they're still on the ground from the second fall. We did so well when the first big batch fell).
8. Take a trip or two. I'd like to go somewhere a little farther this year...CA, a Caribbean island, Florida, the ideas are endless.
9. In relation to above: take my first flight in a plane. You read that correctly; I've never flown. I'd like to fly before I'm thirty! :)
10. Read The New Testament. And understand it. Justin will help with this!
11. Sing more. I used to sing all the time. I would turn on music, find karaoke youtube videos, and sing for hours. Now I sing in the worship band, which I love, but I rarely sing on my own. I even have my own house for singing extra loud now, and I used to sing in small apartments. It's the perfect opportunity!
That concludes my thoughts so far. The list is long, but it is manageable and unique to me. What are your goals?
Happy New Year, Everyone! Welcome, 2013.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment