Saturday, December 15, 2012
One of the strangest conversations ever (after an eye exam where J had healthier eyes than me):
J: See, honey, I see why you married me. I have the body and immune system of a god.
D: Well, good for you. I'll die when I'm forty, and you can outlive me, along with your second, third, and fourth wife, because you'll live so long.
J: That sounds like a horribly lonely life....ah, well, someone's gotta do it!!
In other news, it's been what seems like forever since I've posted. The Christmas tree is up (and beautiful), along with all of the other decorations. We've been Christmas shopping a couple of times, which has been fun, and we haven't gone crazy with it, which is good!
Other than that, I only have 2.5 weeks left in the first semester, which is hard to believe, and I'm actually kind of sad. I really like my students this semester...sure, we have our bad days, but they are generally fun kids.
It's probably just my motherly instincts kicking in. I get all crazy sometimes thinking about how much my students mean to me. I mean, really, they are my second family. I'm always there to help them (if they choose to seek out my help), and they (sometimes) are there for me--at least the ones that are interested in getting to know me. I never was interested in knowing teachers personally, so I don't mind if they don't, but I also feel bad that I never really tried. I know now how special it is to have students care! (For instance, I got a hug last year from a couple of students after my cat and grandfather died within only weeks of each other. I meant a lot to me).
Speaking of motherly instincts, I adore my nieces and nephews more than anything. We have a new niece, Alaina, and she's now 5 months old. Wow. Where has the time gone!?
I hope you're having a great holiday season. I'll write more soon.
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment