Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Happiness Project


This morning I left for summer school feeling bitter and annoyed. Maybe I just woke up with an attitude of sorts, but I didn't feel right, and I wanted more from my summer.

So, why not read a good book? That's always a good cure for a bad mood.

It was the perfect time to pull out this book I bought two days ago: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I'm not depressed, and I'm not unhappy, most of the time. However, I enjoy psychology and evaluating people and actions, so this book really grabbed my attention. I've always said that if I ever write a book, it would likely be about real-life events or simply, people and personalities. My first interest of this book came from the awesome, colorful cover. Seriously, sometimes that's all it takes. I'm like a little dog -- "squirrel!" -- at the site of a beautiful book. The second aspect I grew interested in was that the author's background: lawyer, writer, analytical brain, 'weird' (a good thing), among other things. Because of this, I knew she and I would think similarly. The third reason was that I noticed it was in first-person, which is always my favorite. Even when I was little, I would read biographies and autobiographies for fun. Why? They account for reality, and people and events that actually happened.

I'll let you know how the book goes. It seems as though people have actually tried the actual project, and many have blogged about it. I don't plan on doing so, but if something hits home, I'm definitely going to write about it!

If you've read the book, I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoy summer days!

D


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...