Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Big, big, big news: Justin got the job! He will now be a high school geometry teacher. We're both very excited and thankful for the opportunity. I have to say I'm very proud of him; I knew he could do it. I won't deny being a little frightful of the possibility of not finding a job -- especially since the teaching jobs seem scarcer every year. Luckily, math is a high-needs area, so they were happy to find a physics major -- certified in physics, and soon to be certified in math -- he takes the test on Saturday. We won't know how he did until later, but let's just say this: he's upstairs studying now! He should be golden for that test.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In other news, we had a fun evening last night in celebration (unintentionally - we just planned it, and he happened to get the job the same day!) with some friends. There were three, yes, three kids in our house at once, and I think that's a record! It was pretty fun, actually. We had homemade pizza that was "built" by each person, peanut butter pie, and other goodies like eclairs. Oh man, I definitely went over my calorie count... yesterday and today for that matter. I'm about to drag J to the gym with me so I can work out for like... two hours!!

Summer school is going well. I have two days left with the high school students, and I'm trying to get them to finish up a paper... or get started, maybe? It's been pretty tough to teach students how to write an essay while they are also doing online work. I think it's good for them, though. They really need the practice. I start teaching middle school for two weeks starting Monday. It'll be different.

Hope you are having a great summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...