This summer, J and I have been trying to make a few weekend trips since we hadn't planned any large trips - other than upstate to visit my family. Since we weren't sure of his job, we didn't want to spend too much money on travel.
So far, we've been to visit my aunt and uncle, which was great, and we've been to NC to visit friends. We've also had a friend visit for a few days, so that counts, too! In NC, we had some great food, enjoyed time with our friends, and we all visited a big music festival for the entire day on Saturday. After that, we had some
amazing sushi at this super hip sushi bar. Overall, it was a great trip! What I love about weekend trips is that you aren't there long enough to have to get a house-sitter or pet-sitter, but it
feels like a longer visit than it actually is, and you create the best memories!
By the way, the Scottish band that we all fell in love with was
fantastic. Here's their website: http://www.saorpatrol.com/fr_aboutus.cfm
 |
| This was one of the owls at the animal display - so beautiful. |
 |
| We went wading in the river - it felt great! It was SO hot that day. |
 |
| Justin climbed a fake rock wall for the first time - he did a great job! |
 |
| Check out this guy's back!! |
 |
| They were.. AWESOME. The drum beats were insane. |
 |
| I might have been obsessed with his tattoo.. |
 |
| Scottish guys weren't hot until I saw this band. |
 |
| This was another band we saw playing, but I just thought her costume was great. |
No comments:
Post a Comment