Tuesday, May 8, 2012

RIP Bud


For those that understand the love for a pet, a companion, a cat: Only six months and two days later, I say goodbye to the other half of the duo pair from my childhood: Bud. He was my birthday present from my third grade year, and I named him Butterscotch because of his fur color. I have so many pictures of his life and mine, from when we were both tiny and young, through our adult years. He was such a good companion, and he rocked at hide-and-seek.

Not only am I sad that Bud is gone, but it's also that he and Allie passed within just six months, even though they were two years apart. It just goes to show that sometimes you just can't live without the other half. Also, it is the week after my birthday, and because he was a birthday present so long ago, it adds to the sadness - yet somehow makes it sweeter.

Lastly? Bud was the last of my childhood pets. My brother and I grew up with Allie and Bud, and sadly, they're both gone.

The cycle of life is beautiful and painfully sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...