Monday, May 14, 2012



I told you I would post about my birthday, but so much has happened since then, and it's been a bit crazy.

My birthday was wonderful. After school, Justin and I had a cookout with friends which was great. It was so relaxed. Justin made homemade mac 'n cheese (the best), and we grilled out. Have I told you how much we love using our new little charcoal grill? Awesome.

While eating and socializing, I looked forward to the coming night: the midnight showing of The Avengers movie!! It was so worth it!! J and I had so much fun together that night - we stayed out so late. It felt like college .. or high school.. so fun!

The next day, I did get up to go to school - not sure how, but I did - and I had a good day. That evening, Dana and I went to have a lovely seafood dinner at a nearby restaurant.

I'm telling you, it was one of the best birthdays I've ever had, and I'm not really sure I can pinpoint a specific reason. 25 felt pretty good!


________________________


Fast forward a few days. Now for the more serious stuff. As you saw, my (only remaining) pet from my childhood passed last week. The next morning, J and I found out an old friend had died in a car crash. Phew. After that, I found out my Grandpa now has Hospice; the nursing home can no longer do anything for him.

So, one week after my birthday, J and I spent Friday night at a viewing, surrounded by friends, celebrating a life took too soon and supporting our friends.

Saturday was prom... for my students. I made Justin go with me. Enough said.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and it was a day well spent. Matt and I threw together an amazing shrimp dinner (okay, he did), and I brought a sweet little bouquet of flowers for her. It's always nice to spend time with family.

As you can see, it's been a busy couple of weeks -- bitter sweet.

Hope life is going well for you. More updates coming soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...