Hello all!
Today was anything but ordinary. J went to his morning wrestling practice at school and I slept in. It was very peaceful. Mom called to see if I wanted to go to morning coffee with her before J got out, and I was all for it. However, I didn't feel like I had to dress up or even... shower... I know, right? Gross. But sometimes you just don't shower because you expect to go and come straight back -- plus, showering would have taken longer than mom probably wanted to wait.
We headed to coffee, ordered, and tasted it's wonderful qualities.
Then I got the phone call. J had twisted his ankle at practice during training, and he was headed to the hospital with the head coach. Luckily, I was only about four miles from the hospital, so mom and I headed over there to meet them.
At first, I didn't think much of it. Justin wasn't acting that bad, and I didn't see the ankle. Then I got a good look, and oh man, was it swollen. You could tell he was in a lot of pain, but he was hiding most of it. Then he told me what was involved in the injury. He said his foot completely turned to the right while it was flat (45 degree angle), but when he saw it, he took his own foot and forced it back. This is when he said he heard lots of horrible noises and cracks. What a beast.
After x-rays, we were told he would likely need surgery. The ankle was broken in two spots.
J still feels his foot kind of...moving and cracking around. Until he gets surgery, it's going to feel this way. We don't even know when he'll be able to get the surgery done, or when he'll see the doctor, but let's hope it's Monday.
The difficult thing in all this is that he broke his right ankle.... this means, no driving. It's also very difficult as teachers to have any injury like this when your job is basically standing all day. It's also difficult for me because I want to help him and stay home, but I have to go to work. I will have to use my days off when he has surgery, though, to help him through.
Lastly, we're closing on a house in about three weeks. We're moving in three weeks.
I'm just thankful that it happened on the weekend, and I'm thankful mom was there to help get J's car home and bring us dinner. I'm thankful it's Saturday and not Sunday, so we have time to plan for school and see what the heck we're doing. I'm also thankful that I have such a sweet and joyful husband among all other pains and frustrations.
He's a champ.
ps: I forgot to mention that I saw one of my students -- a senior -- in the room across from him. It was really funny to see each other out of the classroom setting. I was regretting not taking a shower at that point.
No comments:
Post a Comment