Sunday, November 13, 2011

Justin and I went to my old church today for the first time in almost four years. I had attended the church since it began wayyyy back as a new church, but during college and afterward, I didn't go anywhere really. I tried a few different places at college, but nothing seemed to work for me.

It was like I was trying not go to back to this church because it was my childhood church. Everyone at this church knows me as a child, too, so to be an adult and go back -- at least I thought -- would feel weird. Turns out, it felt great! (Just like working as a teacher at MY old high school). It was fine. The music was just as great as it used to be, and the people were very welcoming. I was surprised at who remembered me when I couldn't even remember some of their names. Like I said, last time I was there, it was like I was still a teenager...now, I feel much more grown-up, so it was a completely different experience.

I used to sing on the worship band there, and without asking, I've already been recruited again, which was really sweet. I would love to sing again -- I've missed it so much -- so I'm ready to take it on again.

Can't wait to see what it has in store for us and our children in the future. It seems like the right fit for us, so we'll see what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...