Sunday, November 27, 2011

Man...

Being a caregiver is tough. And to think, Justin has helped me through three major surgeries so far, and he hasn't even had surgery yet.

I'm exhausted! He can't get up at all, so I'm doing everything, which I'm happy to do, but man am I tired. I'm trying to plan for school and failing. I know what I should do or what I want to do, but it's just hard to complete the task of putting it all together.

We slept in the living room last night to make it easier on him (no stairs!), and we woke every two hours for medicine.

Today, he continued the medicine until he started getting sick. We switched him to Advil, so let's hope that's enough for his pain.

I guess it's just bringing me back to the days of my surgeries..it really is miserable, especially when you can't even walk on your own. It's also exhausting. The worst part is having to see J like this -- miserable, weak, tired, and sick. The second worst part is the fact that we are both brand new teachers, and I just don't want this to look bad for us. He will have to miss over a week of work likely, so that would be all of his sick days, and then what?

Such a process...

Please keep J in your thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...