Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mixed Feelings


Before I begin speaking about school (the time has come!), I have to begin by saying how absolutely gorgeous the weather is right now. I have windows open, and I'm listening to the bugs and birds of the trees. It's just great!

I've been at work for a little over a week now for teacher work days. Tomorrow is the first day of school, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be! I'm excited to get started at a new school, but I'm also a bit overwhelmed about switching school systems, learning new grading tools, and prepping for over three classes. However, with that said, I am still very excited to get going. I need the energy and happiness!

It's going to be quite a year because J is starting his first year teaching. I've only had half of one year under my belt, but for him, it's allll new. This is great because I can be there for him, but it's going to definitely add that extra stress to our (first year of) marriage. Luckily, J is the glass-totally-full kind of guy, and for that I am so thankful. We will work together to get through, and I'm sure the year will, in a way, fly by. The weekends from now on will probably consist of pajama lounging, hang-outs with friends, and planning more than ever. To be honest, weekends are kind of fun like that :)

Have a great week(end)! Talk to you soon, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...