I am now placed on the couch after a relaxing day. What's great is that it's not even 9 p.m., so we're going to be in bed before 9:30 p.m.! As I think about the day and how well it went, I realize that not only do I enjoy my job, but I also enjoy the schedule of things in life. I like that each week I can look forward to Friday (oh so much), relax or have some fun on Saturday, and sleep in on Sunday a little, knowing it's a "lesson-planning day." It's also fun to think that every lesson I plan and every piece of literature I read is going to help me in the future. Each year I teach, the easier it's going to be on my evening (at least I'm thinking this will be the case). Once we have children, we should both have a good grip on our lessons and be able to not be so stressed in the evenings before the next work day.
Speaking of children, I heard something on House Hunters this evening that made me kind of excited. There was a family with three children, one of them named "Clover." Justin and I gasped, looking at each other. We couldn't believe we actually saw a child name Clover for the first time! It's not completely unheard of! Now, I should back up. Did I tell you all that "Clover" is Justin's #1 favorite name for a girl? I was a bit hesitant at first, but it began to grow on me over the months. Anyway, I hate to say such a secret this early, but you never know, if I have a girl, I might just name her Clover. Chloe for short, if necessary. I like it; it's darn cute.
In other news, the weather has been feeling a little cooler lately, and it's reminding me of the short time I have left to enjoy the pool, but it excites me about the fall season.
Unfortunately, these are things I will miss about summer:
swimming
sunroof and open windows
tank tops/short shorts
flip flops (tear)
days off
warm weather
traveling
energy to talk on the phone more
visiting friends
lemonade
Panera's strawberry salad
However, these are things that excite me about fall:
boots
apple festivals
street festivals
windows down in my house
bonfires
hoodies
crisp air
blue sky
colors
football games
cuddling
taking pictures
new nephew
hot chocolate
food
first fall as husband and wife
That last one is particularly exciting. I hope you all have a great week! Maybe you'll actually hear from me this time... if not, I tend to write on Sundays. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment