I started work on Friday. Since then, I've been organizing all of my school papers from last year, and it is a much larger job than expected! Surprisingly enough, I did keep most of my papers in order from last year -- I have an 11th grade notebook and a 12th grade -- however, the few papers (okay, small pile) that I threw into a box and didn't organize...is now taking up all of my time. Thank God I had some of it organized!
I'm pretty excited because, although I have a lot to learn and gather, I have a good little bit of information to use with my classes this year. I have 11th and 12th grade notebooks filled with a chronological order of ideas and paperwork for the year. I'm going to add activities and journals to it this year. I also have a good number of reading help books, which is super. I have old textbooks that I might be able to use for reference (old school was giving old books away, so I gladly took some!). Lastly, I have my syllabai and other project materials from last year that I can simply edit and re-use.
This year is new for me because I will have three preps. Last year, I had two, and that was enough to keep me busy through the night.
Among other things, I know that this year is going to be very, very busy with J and I both beginning our first full year of teaching (I'm a little ahead because of my half-year). It's also going to be interesting because it's our first full year of marriage together as a true couple (I already notice differences between dating/living together and marriage-they're not bad differences, just new). This will be the first full year of car payments, which is completely new to both of us, but hopefully worth it. And, it is the first full year of living in our first "home" -- or, townhome, but it's much better than an apartment! I should also mention that it will be the first baby between my friend D and I--she's due in November! Crazy.
Ah, to think of everything new is so exciting. I know that on my weak days, I'm going to feel very overwhelmed and probably break down, but thank God for sweet family and friends to keep me going--and my babies.
I hope every one of you are happy and healthy, and I wish you luck as your start your year -- or continue the year! I'll continue to keep you posted on new happenings and daily mishaps and joys.
No comments:
Post a Comment