Thursday, January 27, 2011

Type to Talk

This posting is simply to get my brain awake and scare the nerves away. We have a two-hour delay today, and teachers report one hour late. That alone is going to make my day that much easier. I will have classes for an hour each. That should give me time to give my syllabus, read through it, do attendance, ask about textbooks, and have them do a short writing assignment. However, I still lost some sleep thinking about today, simply because it's new and I'm not completely prepared.

After school, I'm planning on making any necessary copies I need to before I leave. Then I'm going to come home and relax. After that, I will make sure I'm prepared for Friday. I will then go to sleep early!

Le sigh, this post is terribly boring, and there's no need for people to read it. Writing soothes me and makes me stop to think for a minute, so it's the perfect remedy to a not-so-upbeat morning.

The other remedy is to walk my dog to pet her once we get inside. She's the most lovable dog. I'll update you when I'm home about how my day went.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure you did wonderfully! :)
    and if you didn't lose sleep over your first day (even after so many first days), then i'd be worried :) i once heard that, if you no longer have sleepless nights before the start of school, then it's time to retire. :)
    sounds like you have a good plan for your day...i always did, too, and never got through it all. :) BUT, hopefully you can come home and get some serious sweet pooch-pettin' done and unwind... :)
    i know that your kids loved you... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...