There have been a number of days and summers and years that I can say are some of the best in my life. Last night was on of the funniest, best nights of my life. Looking back, I wonder if I can really tell the story on here and have it make sense, or even explain what happened with the detail to really put you there. Since I'm not sure of that, I'll just give you a run down:
1. Eating dinner with J, L, G
2. Discussing future bachelorette party and festivities, include the idea of a towering phallus
3. Discussion leads to shake weight video and shake weight abilities
4. Demonstration of one's abilities at the dinner table....
5. Leaving because we are done and we figure we'll soon be kicked out.
6. Get to the door, pay for the food.
7. Turn.
8. Turn to see a 50-60 year old man wearing a motorcycle t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and a mustache looking at me, holding a cake with two large breasts on top.
9. Grabbing J's arm to look.
10. Laurie comes out of bathroom, Ginny turns; we all smile and glare at the cake and the man.
11. "It's my birthday," he says happily.
12. We all begin to laugh hysterically, grabbing our cameras, taking pictures; he has become a celebrity. Laurie comments on how his cake and "what we have been talking about" goes so well together (of course, this adds mystery to our dinner discussion)
13. The man says, "You should see what the rest of the cake looked like!" (it was half eaten)
14. Justin then proceeds to say, "Well, we see what half you chose to eat first!" (big smile)
15. We all, including the older women and men in their group, begin to laugh hysterically, filling the entire restaurant (all while the man proudly holds his cake). Justin gets a double high five from one of the men, the others comment and give man-roars.
Let's just say, it was one of the best moments of my life so far. It happened at the perfect timing with the perfect awkwardness, and the perfect comments with the perfect audience. It was a little raunchy, but that adds to why it's so funny. It made me happy knowing the older people were probably brought back to their college years, just by looking at us, and that we saw ourselves together in thirty years as them, holding a breast cake and celebrating a birthday. I couldn't stop laughing, and I was falling over; that's what told me it was one of the best moments ever.
Hope you had a wonderful Friday, too. I had the day off, so that made it even better!
No comments:
Post a Comment