Wednesday, January 26, 2011

iPhone

Usually I'm the last one to hop on the bandwagon of seemingly stupid things (GPS, cell phones, shoes, ipod, etc). I simply deem them to be worthless and just more items to make society stupid, but in reality, some of these things are pretty darn cool!!

For instance, I used to say that GPS systems were terrible because people would become stupid and lazy and never know how to follow directions anymore. The truth is, they probably do cause a lot of issues with people that get distracted by them or people that cannot multitask. I'm fairly good at listening and driving, so having one works very well for me. I can get told how to get to the nearest coffee house in a big city or how to get back on the highway after a crazy airport drive. Overall, the $60 for my GPS was worth it. However, I was still very late in buying one.

The same goes for the iPhone. I always secretly liked them, but I didn't want to admit to liking a phone that charged extra just for data! AND they had a minimum you HAD to buy! (How unfair and snobbish of them!) However, the old iPhone has now gone down a huge amount in price, and I happened to have an upgrade and a crappy phone needing to be replaced. I went for the iPhone, and let me tell you what... it is surprisingly amazing!! I was like a little girl with a new long-haired barbie, or a little boy with a new nerf gun; I was gasping joyously at every new thing the guy showed me this phone could do. Amazing. I gotta give it to you technology; you're freakin' sweet.

Now that I feel upgraded and super excited, I'm going to bed.

Wish me luck on my first-day-as-a-real-teacher-and-new-semester-and-syllabus-etc day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...