Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday to Monday

It's been a great weekend.

Sometimes after a weekend, I start to feel kind of depressed or anxious about the coming week. This is usually because I'm not as prepared as I should be. In reality, I need to just plan as much as I can, learn as much as I can, and the day is not hard to get through; weekdays can actually be quite enjoyable.

For the past few hours, I've been working on getting organized for school. I now have a notebook labeled with all of the assignments I've done in the past for 11th grade, read to go. As I finished it up, I realized, though, that I only have material for half of the semester. I forgot that when I was student teaching, it was for a 45 minute year-long class, which means after slave narratives, I have no idea what I'm doing. This started to bring me down. However, I need to remember how lucky I am to have the amount of information I do to get me through at least half of the semester! I would feel less stressed about it, but I keep thinking of SOLs in the back of my mind.

For 12th grade, I am beginning new. I have never worked with 12th grade material, but luckily there's no SOL, and the kids are pretty fun and laid back. The problem is just wrapping my head around everything I have to teach that I haven't read since high school, and getting everything in I can. I can't say it's not extremely overwhelming. I guess this is the life of many with new jobs.

In other news, J and I are considering moving closer to home once we're married, and it's a large possibility. As I've said before, I like my job and the fact that I have a few close friends nearby, but I am more than ready to move on with my life and move to the place I am happiest.

Off to read and make slot-notes for class....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...