J had to take a test for teaching today, so I got up at 5:30 am to accompany him out of town to the testing center. He took the test for four hours, and I drove around for a while until Phil came to hang out. During that hour I followed the GPS all over the place -- twice, in fact, to a non-existent Starbucks. It must have been in one of the buildings near by, but it was not visible. I was thoroughly exhausted by 8:15 am (dropped J off at 7:30) when I still had no coffee, and I was making myself car sick with all the turning around I was doing. Finally I ended up downtown where I had a moment of bliss -- the huge buildings with no people around -- very beautiful. I finally found a Starbucks and was able to venture to Phil's house.
We drove to a wonderful natural food store, which had everything under the sun. You could get your fresh flowers, fresh seafood, hand-made cheeses and breads, pastries, and coffees from all countries, all in this one store. And it was directly across from the Starbucks I had just visited--if only I had known! I brought home a bread soaked in a garlic topping. Beautiful. We then walked around in various places, but for the most part, we sat in the car talking over breakfast (our homemade pastry breakfast). It was a great time. We go to phil each other in (har har) on so much. I never get just Phil and me time--there's always another person. For that, it was worth getting up at 5:30. Other than that, it was not!! :) Let's just say I just woke up from a 2 hour nap!
Hopefully going out tonight--have fun whatever you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment