As I watch J apply for jobs online, I begin to think about the future.
The idea of moving back "home" next year is wonderful.
I love this place because of the people and the simple memories of college life. However, I despise the poorly-made traffic designs, the lack of good shopping, the wind, and the apartment living.
"Home" (I say this because I have two homes now... where my parents live and also where my little family lives now) is not the perfect place--it's small, there's nothing to do within at least thirty minutes of driving, I'm going to know everyone I see from high school, etc. However, it's absolutely beautiful, the school systems are where I want to teach, I'll be close to family, and there are houses to buy with our savings (as long as I get this job).
Basically, I'm just excited that my friends are moving or are going to be fairly close to home next year, and I'm hopeful to find a job. That's what's getting me through this insanely cold winter!!! Oh, and the snow days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment