Monday, October 18, 2010
hello, monday
The Patrick Henry lesson went well.. but so fast! The class is 45 minutes long, and I planned to get through at least 1/3 of my lesson. I didn't even get through the notes! Wow. I had them do a journal entry to get us focused on the topic, though, so maybe that played a role in how short the time became. I will get right into it tomorrow. After finishing notes, I will discuss the artwork of the speech with them, and then I'll play the audio. They will get into groups to find rhetorical questions, allusions, antithesis, etc. for about ten minutes. Then, the assignment for the class will be to think of something they would want to tell the school if they had its attention -- as Henry did for his speech. What would they say? What topic would they choose? They will (hopefully) present by Wednesday. If this all works out, I will be starting The Declaration of Independence on Thursday when I will be observed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment