A friend sent me a text with those words, and I couldn't agree more. Today was such a learning experience!! I realize how real it is for me to be in charge of a class or two now, and it's a little whack. We continued our talk and activities on Patrick Henry, but yet again, only got through a little more. The class is so short!! Let's just say that it was a very long day, and it's going to be a long night. I have so much planning (now I believe my friends who student taught last semester that always would say 'just been planning really'), and I don't even have a working printer! I also have to make a rubric....which is a lot harder than it seems! -- the grading aspect, that is.
I have to say, though, I'm so glad I have this experience. I can't imagine going into teaching on my own without it. I have learned so much in only a few days, and over the weeks (this is 5 already!), I have gathered so much material for future classes. I already need to buy a 3-4 inch notebook to replace mine.

OH and as a side note: my car has been working just fine! It only has shuttered a couple of times, but it hasn't stalled again. It has days where it feels stronger than others, but it gets me to work each day! Thank God for that.
Tomorrow I look forward to a pumpkin spice latte date with a friend after work--yessssss.
No comments:
Post a Comment