While I was visiting family, we made some of the best food I've ever had. It wasn't your typical hamburgers an hot dogs, and if we did have that, there was always a really interesting salad with it, or a new pasta.
One of my favorite meals was veggie lasagna, and I'm going to give you the recipe. I got it from my Grandma, though I think she may have grabbed it from a local newspaper.
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced (chopped fine)
1 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 medium eggplant, diced
2 medium zucchini, diced
salt and pepper to taste
8-10 lasagna noodles, boiled (or get no-boil noodles)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup sliced provolone
1 cup sliced mozzarella
2 cups prepared tomato sauce (we cut some tomatoes, but also just used some store-bought)
In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and cook until the onion softens. Add pepper, zucchini, eggplant, and cook until vegetables are softened. Stir in basil and parsley.
Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until soft, about 20 minutes (we didn't do it this long, but this is a good estimate)
Place layer of lasagna noodles in a 14X8 inch baking pan that has been greased. Spoon about 2 cups of the vegetable mixture over the noodles. Scatter ricotta cheese over the vegetables. Cover the cheese with another layer of noodles and spread vegetable mixture over the top and provolone cheese. Add remaining mixture and top with mozzarella cheese then remaining lasagna.
Spread some tomato sauce over the top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment