Let's just say he's awesome. We met up when I got into the city about half an hour from home to hang out. We decided to go walk around somewhere, and on the way, he told me he wanted to buy me something. I was like, "What? Why, dude, you don't have to." He insisted on it! He told me that he hadn't done so well for me for my birthday, graduation, or Christmas, and now that he had a job, he wanted to buy me something. "Keep it fifty or under," he said. I was still thinking he was crazy at the time and was planning on ignoring his idea, figuring maybe he would too. Wrong! As we walked the mall, he told me to keep an eye out for something I'd like. After his persistence, I ended up going to the sunglasses store to take a look. (I have to admit, I felt kind of spoiled and princess-like at this point haha) I tried on some pairs, and we laughed at almost every one because they looked awful on me! We went to another store to look around, and he kept asking what else I would want. I was like, "Well, I could get some lip gloss." "Lip gloss??? Lip gloss??" he said. "Yeah, it's at least thirty bucks if you get one that's mid-line expensive." He couldn't believe lip gloss could cost more than five bucks. I told him, "Okay, well the only thing I would want in this very shopping trip would be some sunglasses or shoes" (both of which I have a weakness for). We went back to the sunglasses store, and he told me he didn't want me to get something that looked weird just because it was on clearance. He then offered to go halfsies if I found a really nice pair. We ended on a pair that he claimed were "really cute" on me, and he thought they fit me well. They were cheaper than any others I had tried on! I hadn't even looked at the price. They were super comfortable, too. So, we went halfsies and he spent less than he had originally said. : ) Unfortunately, it was dark, so I couldn't wear them home. I'll take some pictures tomorrow on our coffee run to show you.
Other than a random gift from him, I had a great time. We talked a bunch, I filled him in on life, and he seemed to enjoy hearing about it and giving his thoughts. He said some really nice things that I love to hear from him because I don't get to see him often. It's nice to know that we've (mostly) passed the sibling-rivalry years and now we can just be friends. I'm super excited because he plans to visit my (second) home town where I live and see me and some of his friends soon. I can't wait!!
I guess I should mention that before I saw him, my day was going very well. I left on my road trip this morning right after talking to my future boss (assuming the job works out) about my future schedule. He was completely fine with me only working a few days a week and he seemed ready to take me on as an employee. All he has to do is get it approved by cooperate, but that shouldn't be too hard. Yay for a job and praise God because I need a car soon!! (Roughly only about $2000 bucks please!)
The car did fine on the trip which is good because the brakes are at their end and we keep meaning to replace them. My dad was going to do it, but I just don't know if I have time this weekend. I talked to my friends on the phone for at least an hour of the drive, which I admit was not the safest thing to do, but it really made the trip more enjoyable! I then popped in the Ed Sharpe, Ingrid Michaelson (who my brother liked, actually), and Regina to keep me awake and alert. There were only a few idiot drivers, and I avoided them at all costs!
Dinner with mom and her friend was really nice. They're both teachers, so it was fun to talk about students, how the year has started for them, and also grab some advice about my future. I am happy I came home today, rather than tomorrow, because this means I can hang out with my family all day.
First thing's first in the A.M. -- my brother is taking me out in his new honda civic.
No comments:
Post a Comment