Today I leave for home for a baby shower on Sunday. After I get married, this baby will be my niece! So I have to be Aunt Di, Aunt DD, Aunt Dianna, or Aunt D. I was thinking of choosing one to get her started on, or I could wait to see what she starts calling me, and it might turn into something like Deed, which is what my brother has always called me. We shall see.
I've wrapped the baby gifts (tons) because I went a little crazy at the Target section for babies. I can't say that I'm excited to have one myself -- pregnant bellies are enough to make me turn and run, screaming -- however, it was fun to shop for someone else.
I take this as a perfect time to enjoy a road trip, although alone, I'll bring the good tunes I like to sing my heart out to. I'm wondering how many drivers notice me...
And I got my refund from my old apartment as a surprise yesterday, so I can actually buy coffee every day from my favorite places when I get back.
The main thing I'm looking forward to is getting to see my families from both sides. I'll get to see my brother and parents, then I'll get to see J's family and even his dad's family that hasn't been in the picture for a while. It'll be fun.
Have a good weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment