Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lesson Plans

Lesson plans are a ton of work. At first, you think, "Oh, what a nice format they have so that I can quickly type out my ideas without any pause." Definitely not. There are very specific tasks, objectives, rationale, development, etc., I must achieve in my well planned lesson. It's okay, though, because I see how well-prepared I will be one day if I make enough of them. In this moment, I am working on an Ethnic Literature Unit Plan, which consists of 5 days. I plan a lesson for each day, and include all the activities, quizzes, exit slips, and so on that I will be using. Luckily, I am motivated because I chose a unit with one of my favorite novels (as mentioned before): The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. If you haven't read it, you should--just for fun. You will probably find that it touches you and makes you think more than expected. Also, it'll make you laugh at all those fart jokes from middle school alllll over again.

I'm feeling more ready each day for my student teaching adventure. This is the last night I will ever have to do homework for a class again--unless I move on to my Master's eventually--but for the near future at least. I can then take a few weeks off to, yes, work 40 hours (this is good! I will be making money), make sure I have enough of a wardrobe for teaching, start training myself to wake up at 5:30 am each day, and more.

Tonight while I finish my work, I am listening to the crickets, the rain, and the air. It is absolutely beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...