Dreams are really powerful... I mean, they can get inside your head and mess with it. It's wild how when I wake up from a deep sleep/deep dream, I have to consider reality again, and sometimes I choose to go back to sleep. They can be so good, the comparison of reality is whack, but they can also be very bad, and I don't want to sleep anymore. Today I had one of those so-good-you-try-oh-you-try-so-hard-to-stay-asleep. It's not that reality is bad, really, but the dream is just more exciting or intriguing. However, the problem is sometimes they get into my head too much, so that when I wake I am almost cranky because I am comparing the dream to reality. It's weird. Again, I'm loving reality, but it's just a strange and guilty sensation to wake up like that and want to just go back.
I wish I could talk to God and ask what the significance of certain dreams are, or if there is any at all. If I ever get to ask him, I'm hoping they are simply random. I don't like to think they are too serious.
It's also interesting to think of the difference in the definitions of dreams.. such as a dream while sleeping and day dreaming of a future (also just said to be dreaming of a future or possibility). I'm talking about the sleep dreaming, though what's fun is after a dream that is memorable, I can day dream about it all I want. :)
The invariable mark of a dream is to see it come true.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
***PS: In my dreams, I would be able to sing like this: (I don't want to have the same sound, but I want to sing on a stage-bigger than I'm used to-and let my heart out!! Oh, to dream...
No comments:
Post a Comment