I want to be a photographer. And a teacher. And a musician. (And a writer/blogger)But I really, honestly, think I could pull off all three. I could teach full-time, do photography part-time, and sing with a band on the side...then write about my photos in a blog that becomes outrageously popular. Perfect.
In the meantime, I'll drool over the photographer I just chose, and dream of maybe doing even somewhat close to what she does.
In other news, I have finished my summer school work. It hasn't hit me yet.... to realize how much work I've done this summer, and that it is actually over. I must say, I was rather proud of my teaching portfolio, and I think it could snag me a job next year :)
Something I've been wanting to mention for a while: We have been extremely lucky with our apartment complex and neighbors so far this summer. Besides an old building that is a bit creaky, the actually apartment is very, very cozy. We have a great view out to the yard/lawn, and we have many dog neighbors. Their owners are great, too. We are all graduate students or working, so the maturity level and overall tone of the group is really great. The dog dates work out well, because all of our dogs get nice and tired out. By dog dates, I simply mean that the neighbors will go out with their dogs, and Sadie will see them, so we let her out. None of the dogs are on leashes, and they are so well-behaved!! It's awesome. We all get to have time hanging out while the dogs go crazy together.
New dog neighbors:
Diggeree
Zoe
Bella
Owner names are not in my memory as much (they say that happens around here), but I know that Bella's owner is Erica and Zoe's owner is Sam. The other I don't know...A greyhound just moved in, also, so that should be interesting.
Tomorrow I go to talk to my future one-week boss for the temp job--hopefully I'll get 40 hours--and get my finger sized at the jeweler. This weekend is going to be great. I'm sleeping in tomorrow as long as I can.
PS: Student teaching: September 7th.
No comments:
Post a Comment