...but I've had too good of a day to not talk about it.
I shopped with mom for most of the day, and I found some nice clothes for teaching. I also went to my favorite running store (I bought my first amazing pair of running shoes from there like... six years ago, so I figured I needed a new pair). The employees at this place are trained to check how you walk/run and what kind of support you need. I tried on about four different pairs, and had to keep getting support, but ended up with a great pair. I love how confident they are at this store. It's like, they give you the shoe you need, but only have it in about two colors. I got white with aqua. I wanted that rather than purple, but I still wish they had more to choose from.
The evening was the best part:
I went to visit my brother's place, like I said, and his roomie road with us. The house was located about an hour away, only a few miles off the main highway. It was in a city, but it felt like you were on a farm. It was a nice house that needs a little love, and the yard was awesome. There was a pond at the bottom of the yard, then woods leading up the hill. We saw deer right away, and I think the cat (Warrior, something?) wanted to eat it. There's also a dog at the house (Kasha?) and she was very sweet.
The guys came up with the idea to start using this massive sling shot they have to shoot stuff off of the back porch into the pond. It was AWESOME!! I have never been so excited about rocks in my life. They were our amo! We started with water bottles and cans, but they just didn't work out. I was the first to get it the farthest (past the island, into the woods), but that was only because the guys were strong enough to hold it while I pulled back with my whole body.
Next, my brother's friend got out his BMW motorcycle, which seemed like a really high-end dirt bike. It was a motorcycle, but the tires were made for off-road terrain. He took me on a ride around the yard, which was great, even though we couldn't go too fast. It was perfect, considering the last time on a motorcycle for me was not so great.
Lastly, we stopped for ice cream on the way home. I ordered a banana split, ate like 1/4 of it, then let the bro take the rest. I just got full really quickly from it.
Overall, it was a great night, and a great first (full) day home. Now that I'm here, I want to stay. BUT, lots to do back "home" with homework and packing to move. I'm definitely visiting my brother a bunch when he moves, and they already said I could use a room.
No comments:
Post a Comment