Sunday, June 27, 2010

Road Trip

I love how you have a rough day, and you sleep on it, and it's like everything is erased and the day is new. That's how I feel today.

I'm going to take a road trip today to see my family. Since driving is one of my favorite things to to, as are road trips, it should be fun. Here's what I'm going to do:

My brother is living in a big, old house about an hour away from home. It's on a farm with a pond and everything! He doesn't even have to pay for rent because the house is in his friend's family, so they're letting them live there for the year. They're even paying for the guys to fix it up. Wow. I'm going to go check the place out.

Another thing I'm going to do is hang out with mom and dad for a good while. I'm sure mom ad I will hit up the town for some shopping--mainly for more professional-ish clothes for student teaching--but we always shop in my hometown, and that place is just awesome. I can also go to World Market and get some random-thing-from-another-country like I always do. This place also has like 7 coffee houses, 6 of which are amazing.

I'm also going to take drives around the county with my cup of coffee to look at the mountains, the farms, the water, the swinging bridges, and everything else perfect about home. And when I'm done, I'll park at the dock across from my house and listen to the frogs, birds, and whatever else is around. Ahhh, home.

Maybe I will see some old friends, which usually means another coffee trip :) Going to get coffee is pretty much what we do. I'm hoping my friend Daniel and I can catch up, 'cause he can make me laugh like crazy, and he always has great stories to tell.

Lastly, I'm going to stay off my computer as much as I can. I'm still going to be doing homework when I'm there (trying to finish an entire class early, so that I can just focus on the two hard classes), but other than that, I don't want to waste my time.

My only qualm is that I can't go to the beach, because I'm only staying a couple of days. That is definitely the next place I need to go.

So yeah, today is road-trip day, and I'm excited. It better not storm when I'm driving, though. That's the worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...