November 12th is the official date that our house should be delivered, and the 13th is the day it will be set! This is, at least, what we've been told, but we notice that it's not always accurate. If it is correct, this is really exciting news! The basement will have to be completely done within the month, which means we will--or at least, should--actually see some progress being made in the coming weeks.
Does this mean it's time for me to get excited? Yes, because I realize once it gets here, I'm only going to have about a month to amp up for the big move in--okay, probably two months, but still.
I noticed this weekend that I haven't been enjoying this whole process. There are a few reasons why: I'm living in a strange, small space, I'm working my butt off at school, I'm nervous about money and closing costs, etc. I need to remember that building a house is something we will likely do only once in our lives, so why not enjoy it? I started some Pinterest boards last night with names like "MBR" and "New LR" in hopes that I can daydream about it a little. It might take me away from some stress at work!
We've had an eventful few weeks--mostly at work. I'm not going to write much about it, but let's just say there was a threat at my school, and I was stuck in the office for over four hours. It was not pleasant, and I questioned by job and duty as a teacher that day. I questioned if it was all worth it.
I guess it is?
Other than that, Charlie has been absolutely amazing. He is growing so quickly, and he's saying words like "cheerios, yes, no, ga-pa, ga-ma, pap," and more. He's adding more words each day, it seems.
He kissed me for the first time on 9/11--right on the lips. I had been wanting that kiss for...FOREVER! I would see other babies kissing their moms at like 8 months, but nooooo, he makes me wait for it! That night for bed, he let me kiss him on the lips four or five times. Now he is ready for it every day. Yes!
Charlie loves playing outside with a big ball, and he loves blocks. He loves music and singing and laughing. He loves going "outside with daddy" to walk the dog. In fact, if Justin doesn't take him, he throws a fit!
This year has been so difficult, but I'm glad I have my little guy to come home to. He takes a lot of work, and I definitely don't sleep in anymore, but he has enhanced my life in ways I can't even describe. I'm thankful for him every day, along with his dad. J knows how to calm me down and keep me going.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment