Sunday, September 7, 2014

This, too, shall pass.


So from the title of this post, I want you to know that I am once again a kidney stone-free woman. I feel free, and I feel like I need to re-introduce myself to Charlie. He hasn't seen me in over a week! -- meaning, I haven't been nursing him, and J gets up in the night if Charlie wakes up, which has only been about two nights all week. 

This also marks the beginning of week two for school. Week one went really well, and I really enjoy my students. The classes should go really well. I'm pushing forward quickly with the new curriculum, and before I know it, we'll be jumping in to Of Mice and Men and To Kill a Mockingbird. Phew. 

In other news, sweet Charlie turns FOUR MONTHS tomorrow, which is hard to believe and completely believable, all at the same time. I'm pretty sure the one year mark is going to come so quickly, and that's when I'll cry because I'll want it all back. He is getting so, so big, and it really makes a girl emotional. But so does a kidney stone. Screw that kidney stone! 


Now that I can walk without hurting, laugh and talk without hurting, sleep without heavy pain pills, and drive whenever I want to, life should be much more enjoyable. I'm hoping to start after-school walks with Charlie because this lady is getting too big. I mean, I'm the biggest I've ever been! In one sense, I'm beautiful, because I birthed a baby not that long ago. But the other side is that um, it HAS been four months, so why have you gained weight?? You should be losing weight! Yes, story of my life right now. I'm not sure if it's because I've been sitting a lot with the baby all summer and being sick, but it is not a good feeling to go the opposite direction from what you had hoped and imagined. 

So yes, I guess this marks week one of hopefully moving more. Charlie usually is well-fed by the time I pick him up each day, so it is probably the perfect time to walk with him. It used to be that he was starving when I picked him up, and we had to rush home for milk a.s.a.p.

Is it bad to say that this week has been somewhat nice knowing that J has been handling all night nights and overnight wake-ups? It takes the pressure off of this nursing/pumping mom. Plus, it's much, much faster. I think we might just use breast milk in a bottle at night and in the middle of the night. That way I don't have to nurse him for a long time. Plus, since he rarely wakes up these days, my body is used to not nursing, which means I wouldn't need to pump in the middle of the night. Praise the Lord!

Well, I hope all is well out there for those few who read this blog. It's weird because I get little moments here and there of freedom, and I never know what to really use them for. Earlier today I graded with some time that I had, which makes the week less stressful. But, I have to say, all I've wanted to do recently is read a good book. I'm going to continue reading Outlander, in hopes that the beginning starts getting much more interesting. I've heard from so many that it's a great series, so I've got to catch up.

Talk soon.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...