Kidneys are not kind.
Stones in the kidneys are quite painful.
At work yesterday, which was the last work day for teachers before school starts, I had a bad pain in my back that led to the front. It just kept getting worse and worse. I tried to ignore it, I took Advil, I sat against heated seats, and I tried stretching, but nothing worked.
For the first time, I had to leave work early because of health problems. I was stubborn enough to want to drive myself, but when I was needing to bend over my car door just to sort of feel better, I decided a friend should bring me.
So, a friend drove me to the ER on Friday morning, and sure enough, I have a kidney stone.
I got sick three different times, too, during this process, which never makes anything better. Today I felt great all afternoon, but now I'm in a lot of pain. I guess going to walk around a store and cleaning house for a while really did me in. I'm taking the strong medication as I type.
It shows how strong the medication is, but it also shows how painful the kidney stone is. A little 4mm stone can really, really hurt. And yes, I'd say it's somewhat like labor, but I would say it's only about 1/5th of the pain. Now, I had a natural birth, so I compare it to that. Those with epidurals probably would think kidney stones hurt pretty much like labor pains.
So yeah, here I sit. At least I have plenty of junk t.v. to catch up on.
No comments:
Post a Comment