Sunday, August 17, 2014

3.5 months old



Charlie

...loves to keep his hands up near his face. It comforts him.

...moves his little feet back and forth slowly when he nurses. It reminds me of how adults move their feet around before or after sleep.

...hates riding in the car at times. He has to have a nice full stomach and be in the right mood to not cry.

...laughs a lot more now. He laughs when we make faces or tickle him.

...is starting to look like an older baby--as of this week.

...is going to the babysitter's tomorrow to start full time, and I'm freaking out.

...talks a lot in the middle of prayer at church, and I secretly love it.

...loves his little lion toy that hangs from his mat.

...hates tummy time. This kid will likely sit up and roll over later than most babies.

...loves being outside. If he's upset, that's all we have to do. I love sitting with him and my morning coffee--along with Sadie--to watch the leaves move.

...grunts very loudly when he is pooping. It's hilarious.

...makes me want to move to a house with a basement. I have a strong urge to protect him, so this no-basement house is getting a little old.

...nurses for around forty minutes, and he always has!

...has started to giggle a lot more now; the best laugh was when I made his feet move like a piano and sang the notes.

...makes me want to stay in our house forever, knowing that this is where we began a family.

...loves to be close to my chest. He falls asleep while nursing a lot, and I can tell he just loves being there.

...makes me dread the day I'll stop nursing because of how much I love him close to me.

...is starting to like the swing more and more now! He seems to enjoy watching what's going on around him.

...wakes up once a night, most nights, then again at 4:30-5:30. Some nights, however, like last night, he slept from 9 p.m. - 4:30, then again until 8:30. It was great.

...makes me feel so guilty for having to wake up him early for work. He won't get those extra few hours we give him now.

...has beautiful blue eyes, and I'm starting to wonder if they'll change. They look hazel sometimes.

...only has maybe two pairs of socks that fit him. His feet are so long! His legs are starting to chunk up, so maybe we will find more soon.

...cuddles against my shoulder at the end of a long day at the babysitter's house. He's exhausted, and I secretly love this time I have with him.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...