I have one month left (give or take) before my life is going to completely change. Thank God for family and friends who are willing to help me keep my sanity and get prepared.
Dana came over today to help get the nursery organized. We went to get some tupperware containers to hold bigger clothes/onesies, and we organized the smaller onesies, packed hospital bags, washed loads of laundry, etc. It was a lot of work, but I feel very productive--even though Dana did much of the work. I just don't have much energy these days.
My biggest complaint lately is the lack of sleep. I feel so tired, but by the time I'm in bed, my back aches, my chest hurts, and it's just not a good environment for sleep. I basically didn't sleep much at all for two nights straight, which led me to take a Tylenol PM last night. And...I slept like a rock! I even slept in a little..until 8:15 a.m., which is a huge deal! Of course, by the time 3:00 p.m. rolled around, I was really starting to feel the many days before with no sleep, but hey, one day at a time!
My only other complaint is the emotion. I am starting to feel those emotions that occur once a month, usually, but for me they're every day or close to it. The tears come on over nothing; I take things more personally...you know the drill. I'm going to assume it's the hormones mixed with my ever growing motherly instincts. I'd like it to take a chill pill, though.
Lastly, Justin has started track season as head coach. This is great for him, but man I hate how late he gets home! I also know that for the next month, he'll be gone every Wednesday night (late) and Saturday for meets, so I'm going to have a lot of alone time to wonder when I'm going to go into labor, and also wonder whether or not he'll be able to get to me quickly. Luckily I have back up drivers, etc., but it makes me feel very vulnerable knowing he might be far away when the time comes.
Let's just hope it's on a weekend or in the middle of the night. Until later...
No comments:
Post a Comment