School stars next week, so I'm trying to enjoy my last week off in any way that I can. However, sometimes things don't always go as planned. Long story short: we were watching mom's fourteen-year-old dog while she went away, dog got sick, dog had many seizures, took dog to rescue ER at midnight, nothing could be done.
It's been a long week to say the least.
There are other things to celebrate, though. For instance, J helped me pick out a sweat-dripping workout to do in my own living room. I don't even have to run! I will, and I can, but I don't have to. I'm going to see results. I never sweat, but I sweat like heck with this one. Another thing to celebrate is Phil's recent visit. We went to the Wolverine movie, and we had fun otherwise. We even had some wine together the last night he was here. Laurie will be visiting this week! We're going to one of our favorite stores (annual trip), and we'll probably find a great restaurant. We're having lunch with my aunt in the city, which is going to be great. I'm just really looking forward to some fun, positive activities.
Before all this, however, we went to the upstate to hang. We visited a wicked-cool castle, took a boat tour, went to Canada (technically), visited a mountainous, water-filled dreamland. We also spent lots of time with our wonderful family members. I miss them so much already. Once each year is just not enough.
We also took another trip this summer, but it was a small beach trip. We camped! It was awesome. We used electricity, thanks to a tip from a friend, so I had a fan at night (thank goodness), and we had a coffee pot in the tent! I'm telling you: best camping ever. It was only two miles from the beach, so we just drove to the free parking when we went. It was SO easy! This trip was definitely a highlight of the summer. OH, and we ran into some friends at the end, so we were able to visit with them and have a campfire. Wowza. Good times were had!
Here are some photos from the trips. The lyrics I love are below.
"The One That Got Away"
I never meant to get us in this deep
I never meant for this to mean a thing
Oh, I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
I got caught up by the chase
And you got high on every little game
I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
Oh, if I could go back in time
When you only held me in my mind
Just a longing gone without a trace
Oh, I wish I'd never ever seen your face
I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
I miss the way you wanted me
When I was staying just out of your reach
Begging for the slightest touch
Ooh, you couldn't get enough, mmm
Oh, if I could go back in time
When you only held me in my mind
Just a longing gone without a trace
Oh, I wish I'd never ever seen your face
I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
Got away from me
Got away from me
Before anybody has to bleed
Oh, if I could go back in time
When you only held me in my mind
Just a longing gone without a trace
Oh, I wish I'd never ever seen your face
I wish you were the one
I wish you were the one
Oh, I wish you were the one
I wish you were the one that got away
I never meant for this to mean a thing
Oh, I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
I got caught up by the chase
And you got high on every little game
I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
Oh, if I could go back in time
When you only held me in my mind
Just a longing gone without a trace
Oh, I wish I'd never ever seen your face
I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
I miss the way you wanted me
When I was staying just out of your reach
Begging for the slightest touch
Ooh, you couldn't get enough, mmm
Oh, if I could go back in time
When you only held me in my mind
Just a longing gone without a trace
Oh, I wish I'd never ever seen your face
I wish you were the one
Wish you were the one that got away
Got away from me
Got away from me
Before anybody has to bleed
Oh, if I could go back in time
When you only held me in my mind
Just a longing gone without a trace
Oh, I wish I'd never ever seen your face
I wish you were the one
I wish you were the one
Oh, I wish you were the one
I wish you were the one that got away
"Eavesdrop"
I don’t want to talk right now
I just want your arms wrapped around
Me in this moment
Before it runs out
Oh don’t say that it’s over
Oh no say it ain’t so
Let’s let the stars watch
Let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop
I don’t care
For all that we’ve got, don’t let go
Just hold me
I can’t pull you closer than this
It’s just you and the moon on my skin
Oh who says it ever has to end
Oh don’t say that it’s over
Oh no say it ain’t so
Let’s let the stars watch
Let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop
I don’t care
For all that we’ve got, don’t let go
Just hold me
Let’s let the stars watch
Let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop
I don’t care
For all that we’ve got, don’t let go
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
I just want your arms wrapped around
Me in this moment
Before it runs out
Oh don’t say that it’s over
Oh no say it ain’t so
Let’s let the stars watch
Let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop
I don’t care
For all that we’ve got, don’t let go
Just hold me
I can’t pull you closer than this
It’s just you and the moon on my skin
Oh who says it ever has to end
Oh don’t say that it’s over
Oh no say it ain’t so
Let’s let the stars watch
Let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop
I don’t care
For all that we’ve got, don’t let go
Just hold me
Let’s let the stars watch
Let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop
I don’t care
For all that we’ve got, don’t let go
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
No comments:
Post a Comment