Monday, May 13, 2013

great video

It seems negative at first, but it's a great video, and it gets positive.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-earth-shatteringly-amazing-speech-that-ll-change-the-way-you-think-about-adulthood-4?g=5

This video makes some of the truest remarks about everyday patterns and what you see vs. what you choose to see. I've tried to make those positive changes over the past five to seven years or so (mainly since I've known Justin). I've always been a big-hearted girl with depth of thought, but I had to work on my positive outlook--at least I think I did.

Little things...someone flying past me on the road...I've sat in my car to think, "maybe they have a wife in labor in the passenger seat." Even though this is probably not true, just thinking about a couple trying to get to the hospital makes me feel calmer.

This whole positivity thing plays a huge role in teaching. Some days, you get treated like crap all...day...long...by students, parents, people around you, etc. You can just have a bad day. Immediately, you want to assume the child is just a cold-hearted jerk, or you want to say the parent is doing the wrong thing...but if you did that each time, you wouldn't have any strength left.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...