Thursday, October 4, 2012

A little update from me

The railroad at the family farm.

Why, hello blog.

I am still alive, and I'm hoping to pot more soon. I've done a lot since I last spoke to you, but much of it was covered by sickness which has just recently subsided -- just a cold, but hey, it sucked! Teaching makes colds way worse to deal with.

I'm in the middle of teaching The Odyssey to my 9th graders, and I'm loving it. It is such a great, action-packed tale, and most of the kids are really enjoying it. These are the same kids that before we started said, "Ughhh I hate that book and I don't have any interest in it." 

I'm teaching The Pearl to my 10th graders, and I'm personally just as uninterested in it as before. I like the idea behind the story, and the theme, but the language is just so... slow. The plot is slow. Everything is slow moving, in my opinion, until the very end. Then it picks up. Then it's sad. The end.

More later... I have photos from another session to post soon, and I have another little shoot this weekend; it's a birthday party for a little boy, and I'm really excited. :)

Happy Thursday - almost Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...