There are many things I could have done this weekend, but getting sick last Friday (I felt the itch during school) changed my plans. I will say, however, that the weekend was enjoyable for the most part. I can't complain too much.
Most of my time was spent indoors, but I ventured out a couple of times.
J and I went to his high school football game on Friday. It was a good time; they provided food for teachers + families, and we got to hang out with a few other people our age. I threw the frisbee with some people, and it made me realize how much I miss it. I'm also not bad!
On Saturday, I just could not move. I stayed on the couch or in bed all day. I was exhausted, and I felt miserable. I watched hours of television.
I was supposed to sing on Sunday, but I had to back out of that. Instead, J and I slept in to try to get healthy. We then drove an hour to help Laurie move into her new house! It was really exciting, and she was sick too, so we kind of helped each other through the day. Surprisingly enough, I felt great later in the day. I was really motivated to help her unpack, so I was moving boxes left and right while she unpacked them. The house was really nice, and the neighborhood was peaceful. We went to lunch together, and overall, it was a great day.
I then woke up today feeling worse than yesterday! The cold has moved into a cough and nose thing. The strangely comforting thing, though, is that there are other teachers posting on facebook that they also got sick this weekend, so I know I'm not alone. Today, I drove to get some fresh, hot coffee, then I hung out with J at home for the rest of the afternoon. We cleaned and did school work. A little earlier this evening, we went to get the best ice cream in town. It's always a fun little date for us.
Tonight, I've been working on setting up some photography information for future use. I'm getting pretty excited about it. I'm also watching a kickin' football game.
Hope you had a great long weekend! Four-day week ahead of us...
No comments:
Post a Comment